Energy Saving advice can help you save money on your gas and electricity bills by even more by simply cutting back on the amount of energy you use. There are lots of simple every day tips that you can employ to help you save energy and save money.
Please follow our simple guide below. Once you get in to a routine of doing these things you will start to notice the difference.
Simple every day ways to Save Energy
- Do not leave appliances such as microwaves, TVs, videos, stereos, and computers on standby as they use energy when they are left on. Almost 85% of the energy used by your DVD player is consumed when it is not in use.
- Put a lid on your sauce pan when you boil food as this reduces the amount of gas needed to heat the water
- When filling an electric kettle fill the cup with water and pour this in to the kettle to avoid over filling it.
- Unplug equipment e.g. mobile phones, shavers and electric toothbrushes once they are fully charged, otherwise they will keep drawing electricity.
- When you leave a room turn off the light
- Pull the curtains shut to help save the heat escaping from the room in the evenings
- Only do you washing when you have a full load and use a low temperature program.
- Try to have more showers than baths as they use less water and take less energy to heat the water
- Turn down your room thermostats by a few degrees will make a big difference in the amount of energy you use.