Climate change presents a great environmental challenge in the world today. Climate Energy are a part of the Declaration on Climate Change, a voluntary pledge to address the issues surrounding climate change.
Our commitment to helping the environment
- Develop plans with partners and local communities to address the causes and the impacts of climate change.
- Achieve a significant reduction of greenhouse gas emissions from the authority’s operations, especially energy sourcing and use, travel and transport, waste production and disposal and the purchasing of goods and services.
- Assess the risk associated with climate change and the implications for our services and our communities.
- Encourage our local community to take the opportunity to adapt to the impacts of climate change, to reduce their own greenhouse gas emissions and to make public their commitment to action.
- Monitor the progress of our plans against the actions needed and publishing the results.